CT Wine Festival Review
3 years ago threadsandvino 2
The CT Wine Festival was a lot of fun. I highly suggest attending. The CT Wine Trail rolls out a great spread for you to enjoy. The day is filled with delicious wine, tasty food, fun events, and interesting artisan booths. You can try many different wines from all over the state, enjoy some delicious local eats, and even take care of some shopping along the way. There really is something for every 21+ attendee to enjoy. Even the designated drivers were having a blast – apparently lots of Pokemons attended the event! 😉 Also, the grape stomp competition is always super entertaining – so why not enter next year and see what it takes to win it.
My favorite food booth was the Pop-Centric Boozy Popsicles. They were incredible. Not only were they a life saver from the heat but the Peach Mango Vino Blanc pop was particularly delicious. I’m hoping their truck makes it out to the Hartford area soon or I might have to make a special trip to their shop in North Haven, CT.
Another exciting thing about the CT WineFest was meeting up with new instagram friends. @Connecticut_Uncorked and I had been chatting back and forth via the social media app and were finally able to meet in real life! Super fun to meet the awesome people behind the account. I love their perspective on wine and their enthusiasm for Connecticut wine in particular. Looking forward new collaborations with them and other Connecticut wine bloggers. Make sure to check them out on Instagram and Facebook.
Now because there was a lot of wine and socializing, unfortunately I forgot to write down all of the wines I tasted. So instead of giving tasting notes on the wines, I’ve outlined my favorites from the wineries who were at the event. I hope you get to try their wines and enjoy them with friends and family!
- Bishop’s Orchards Winery – Stone House White & the Golden Hard Cider
- Hopkins Vineyard – The Westwind Semi-Sweet White Blend
- Jones Winery – Rose of Cabernet Franc
- Sunset Meadow Vineyards – Merlot, Cayuga, & Shades of Risque Sparkling
- Taylor Brooke Winery – Summer Peach
- Paradise Hills Vineyards – Nostra Tradizione, Presiden’ts Choice, & Casa Bianco
- DiGrazia Vineyards – The Winner’s Cup & Autumn Spice
- Priam Vineyards – Barrel Select Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, & Salmon River Red
- Holmberg Orchards & Winery – Unfortunately I have not been to winery yet, will have suggestions soon!
- Savino Vineyards – Unfortunately I have not been to winery yet, will have suggestions soon!
- Sharpe Hill Vineyard – Ballet of Angels
- Jonathan Edwards Winery – Sauvignon Blanc & Lodi Zinfandel
- Miranda Vineyard –Vinho Novo, Cayuga White, & Goshen Farmhouse Red
- White Silo Winery – Red Raspberry Sparkling & Rhubarb
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope the information is fun and helpful. Looking forward to releasing more wine tasting and winemaking content for you to view.